Monday, June 9, 2008

Predator BK2 Break Cue: Break Into the Big Time!

Predator BK2 Image

I received the Predator BK2 break cue direct from Predator Cues, via its website www.predatorcues.com, together with my Predator Air jump cue last week. The pool cues were sent via UPS and came in a heavy-duty box stamped with “Fragile! Handle with Care” stickers. They were neatly packed with tons of bubble wrap! There was no rattling of cues or loose shaking of the contents – none whatsoever! Kudos to the guys at Predator for doing a very good job in packing the stuff!


Predator BK2 Break Cue Graphic


The Predator BK2 break cue came with Predator’s black velvet sleeve cue case and warranty card, all of which were placed in sealed plastic. A careful examination of the break cue showed it to be perfect! No scratches. No dents. No damage whatsoever. My 19 oz. Predator BK2 came with a Uni-Loc joint and Irish linen wrap. The 29” BK2 shaft features Predator’s proprietary three-part tip technology, i.e., an Aegis-2 ferrule crowned with a carbon fiber laminate tip plate and linen phenolic tip. The cue is rear weighted – the balance point is located further back.


Predator BK2 Break Cue Graphic


I finally had that much-needed break from work, which allowed me to try out my Predator BK2 break cue for a number of days at one of the billiard halls I regularly play at. The break is one of my favorite shots in billiards. Some of my friends (professional pool players and those who play in the billiards clubs I belong to) say that I break very well. Indeed, I have tried many break cues since I started taking pool seriously! After all, the break is one of the factors that determine how well the balls scatter - the initial layout of the game - and could mean the difference between taking control and taking a break - winning and losing.


Predator BK2 Graphic


On the first day I tried the BK2, I had one of my spotter friends re-rack the balls every time I break. I wanted to focus on the breaking stuff – 8- and 9-ball racks– and did just that for about 40 minutes.

Predator BK2 Break Cue Image


And wow! The Predator BK2 breaks like a ton! I am very much impressed! And oh! I didn’t adjust anything with my break, e.g., stance, grip, or body alignment! In the 9-ball racks, I consistently got 1-2 balls off the break! The most was 3 balls (happened twice) when I break off near the second diamond of the bottom left side of the table – my strongest side when breaking in 9-ball. And the balls literally scattered in the 8-ball racks – often resulting in at least a pocketed ball! The feel and sound generated during the break, when the cue ball impacts the first ball of the rack, are unlike those when I was using the break cue sent by my sister from abroad. The hit produced by the Predator BK2 is really explosive! Pure energy and unadulterated raw power!


Predator BK2 Break Cue Image


And truth be told, the Predator BK2 has made me realized additional power and increased energy during the break! I don’t know how Predator did it, but it truly has made the BK2 to improve one’s game via on the most important shots in billiards – the break! I sincerely believe that no matter how one breaks now, the Predator BK2 will definitely make anyone realize a huge difference in their break and game! And I kid you not!




"The AnitoKid loves the Predator BK2!"

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email address



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little review dude :-)

Anonymous said...

You always have interesting posts for us!

Thank you for sharing! I am currently in the market for some cues. This and the others I have read from your site are a tremendous help.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Anonymous:

Glad you liked it!

There's more coming!

And I kid you not!

:)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Vincent:

Thanks for your kind words!
Glad to be of help and all!

:)

Anonymous said...

06-09-2008, 10:09AM: AZ

I have had about 7 of these BK2 break cues and they are awesome
but i always let someone make me an offer i cant refuse and poof
no more BK2 till the next one

I once broke a 1 ball on the break with a BK2 and took some pictures
of the broken 1 ball and sent them to Philp or what ever his name is at Predator . He emailed me back asking if he could use the picture's ? I said sure you can and he sent me a z2 shaft a Predator polo shirt and a hat
At bottom of the invoice under price it said > Sponsorship
Boy did i have the big head for awhile!

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

That's one cool pic, Larry!
And I kid you not!

:)

Anonymous said...

06-10-2008; 01:17 AM: AZ

I completely agree. The purchase of a BK2 break cue was without a doubt the best pool related purchase ever.

I'd say my break improved almost immediately by 20-30 percent. This cue just "fits" for me.

I'd like to see predator create a new bk2 though with a better pin. This cue would just be awesome with 3/8 x 11.

.

Anonymous said...

09-06-2008, 07:52 AM: pfc

Glad u like ur new BK2.. I recently got mine.. And im loving it as much as u are...

.

Anonymous said...

06-09-08, 6:41 AM; b-n

40mins ka puro break?

prng ng workout knarin sa gym nun ah...

d ka nangawit? heehhehe

offtopic: most # of pocketed balls ko is 4... chamba lng hehehe

happened 4x ata. 1x ksama 9 ball hehehhe

.

Anonymous said...

06-09-2008; 2:16 PM: b-n

congratulations on your new toy leslie!

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I had a spotter friend re-rack the balls every time
I break, kabayan.

Thus, di naman parang tuloy-tuloy
na puro break ha ha ha

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Maraming salamat, TG!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hi Boy!

Musta na? Heard you're into auto's again, bro?

A reader of mine just sent me this link.
The link is from Platinum Billiards, i.e.,
a comparison of the different break cues
on the market. Could be an interesting read, bro.

Link is here

http://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_break.php

.

Anonymous said...

06-09-2008; 8:48 PM: b-n

yup, sawa na ko sa bilyar eh. Balik oto ako. Power modifications naman ng oto ko ang pinagkakaabalahan ko ngayon

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hope to still see you around from time to time, Boy.

Last week naglaro kami nina Mark & Mike. Sana
makasama ka namin sa sususnod, bro.

Anonymous said...

06-10-2008; 4:50 PM: b-n

sige. Pag sawa na ko sa oto, babalik uli ako sa bilyar

.

Anonymous said...

hola anitokid... julius here.. :)

i once read ur post and also heard from many people said that BK2 is awesome.. probably the best break cue in this world, and i ordered it.. my friend who is a cue reseller in indonesia said he tried a lot of break cues, mezz PB1 & PB2, etc... he told me BK2 is the best... so i decided to buy it finally :)

haha hopefully my break shot will improve....

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Indeed, the BK2 is the best break cue today! And i kid you not!

:)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!