- "The hub was in Dubai and the majority of OFWs (Overseas Filipino workers) were stationed there. The duty-free shop was overrun with Filipino workers selling cell phones and perfume. Meanwhile, I wanted to slash my wrist at the thought of being trapped in a plane with all of them. Of course, everyone in economy class was yelled at for having overweight hand-carries. Mine was 17 kg (ssshhhh!). That was all makeup and accessories I would never risk losing if my luggage ended up in the middle of the Sahara Desert."
- "While I was on the plane (where the seats were so small i had bruises on my legs), my only consolation was the entertainment on the small flat screen in front of me. But it was busted, so I heaved a sigh, popped my sleeping pills and dozed off to the sounds of gum chewing and endless yellowing of "HOY! Kumusta ka na? At taga saan ka? Domestic helper ka rin ba?" Translation: "Hey there? Where are you from? Are you a domestic helper as well?" I thought I had died and God had sent me to my very own private hell.
- lechon baboy
- boy piglet
- Dely Atay-atayan
- Lola Potsay
- T.H. (Trying Hard)
- social climber
- Aling Mila
- Mang Tomas
- naaagnas ang mukha
- boy make-up
- Ms. Piggy
- Pigsa ng tinubuan ng kamay at paa
- etc. etc. etc.
SHAME ON YOU! MAHIYA KA NAMAN!
Who gave you the right to belittle our kababayans? My kababayans? Who gave you the right to say such things? And who made you god? You are not just ugly...you are despicable! Look at yourself, you dumb and sick $#%^&! And you wanted to slash your wrist instead of spending the flight with our kababayans? YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE SO! You could have saved the plane a lot of jetfuel or your seat could have been given to another passenger!
The people you are desperately trying to put down, i.e., our OFWs, are the very ones who give this beautiful country a sense of hope and pride in these trying times. These OFWs, the ones you are so ill to be at eased with, are our Filipino brothers and sisters who make the ultimate sacrifice of working in another country to send their children to school and make a good life for themselves - hoping and wishing that someday, when all is said and done, that they did the right thing for their sons and daughters. Our OFWs work abroad not because they really want to, but because they have to.
Hey Fernandez! You should learn how to count your blessings instead of finding fault in others or dampening other people's spirits. Let me just say it again, "Look at yourself, you dumb and sick #$%^#!" I know people like you. I've met a number of your kind. You are the type who easily fall to pieces, who easily reach a breaking point, who have more sorrow and anger than happiness and joy, and who harbor ill-will. You are the kind who do not have a sense of proportion, not one bit! You think the unthinkable! The unimaginable! All nonsensical!
And lest I forget, here's more of what Malu Fernandez wrote:
- "On my way back, I had to bravely take the economy flight once more. This time I had already resigned myself to being trapped like a sardine in a sardine can with all these OFWs smelling of AXE and Charlie cologne while my Jo Malone evaporated into thin air."
Did I get it right? You had to "bravely" take the economy flight once more? I think it's the other way around, Fernandez: "The economy flight was brave enough to take you once more!" With all your pretentions and what-have-you's, I honestly and sincerely feel that YOU ARE DOWN IN THE DUMPS! After all the 17 kg of makeup and personal effects you put on, and your efforts to promote yourself as fierce and fabulous, there's no denying the fact: YOU ARE ONE BIG LOSER! And I kid you not!
- "Food or AnitoKid? I'll take AnitoKid."
The Broken Bow,
for sending me the link on this one!
*much thanks to Kegler747
for Malu Fernandez's pic
*much thanks to Nomadic Thoughts
for the mag pic