So what the hell is this, Sec. Lapus? - click here - Just an interesting read?
- Up to 100 students had to cram into one classroom in an elementary school in Quezon City;
- dzEC radio reported that the Batasan Hills Elementary School had an average of 85 students per classroom, way over the 45 students-per-classroom ratio set by DepEd;
- a section in the Grade II classes even had as many as 100 students crammed into it, according to the dzEC report;
- classes had to be broken up into three shifts just to accommodate the students, most of whom came from poor families in the area;
- aside from the shortage in classrooms, up to six students had to share one textbook in the school (DepEd had claimed it is working on a ratio of one student per textbook).
Do you honestly believe that the budget for education is enough? Maybe? Ho-hum! No? You're a bright kid, Lapus! Yes? Then you are a fool, Mr. Secretary! The quality of education in the Philippines is in near chaos! It has declined over the years, and this my friend, will have serious effects on our national competitiveness and productivity. It will touch all aspects of national life as we know it, e.g,. from losing to competition in the employment market, to the way we elect our government officials. So why aren't you doing something about it?
But AnitoKid, the government is doing everything it can to solve the education crisis, you say. Well, believe you me, it is one hell of a pathetic effort! Simply put, IT IS INADEQUATE! The class size has been regulated to 45 students, yet we have rooms where 80-100 students cram like sardines! And to top it off, class hours are still too short with two shifts per day! There are even public schools that hold classes in three shifts to accommodate the huge student population. And we haven't yet tackled the shortage of textbooks in the public education system and students' lack of access to computers.
- Saan naman lulugar ang mga bata? Hindi porke nakatapos na kayo at lahat, at nakaupo na jan e ganyan na lang! Sa totoo lang! Kung kaya lang pag-aralin ni AnitoKid silang lahat e aakuin na niya ang obligasyon!