Friends, it has been one full year of blogging fun for The AnitoKid! I have been so blessed to have realized so many firsts and milestones in my newest passion. The most important of these is the new acquaintances I've made, fellow bloggers, most of whom have become my friends in real life. it has also served as a medium to find old friends and family, and rekindle the friendship and bond. Day after day, this passion, which I affectionately call blogging art, continuously enriches my life with newfound knowledge, laughter, friendship, and love.
And guess what? I just received a couple of nice surprises! My site has been officially linked by Inside Pool Magazine, one of the premiere billiards magazines on the market today AND one of the best online resources on everything related to pool! But wait, there's more! Predator, which leads the billiard industry's technological evolution and manufactures the most technologically advanced cues in the world, has also officially linked my site to theirs! We are the first blogger to be officially linked by both Inside Pool Magazine and Predator! It's another first! Talk about wonderful presents for our first year anniversary! And I kid you not!
And oh! Least I forget, we still have to announce the winner of the AnitoKid Anniversary Review! Much thanks to those who joined the contest! We received a number of high-quality entries, but one clearly stood out among the rest, i.e., the post made by Manila Mom at her Earn Global Online site. The entry was further supplemented by another review at Manila Mom's main site. Both reviews generated a number of interesting thoughts, particularly the one at Earn Global Online, which made me realize my blessings even more. Congratulations Manila Mom!
And as a final thought, my friend over at The Broken Bow asked for my views on everything that happened in my first year as a blogger. Well, I guess the thoughts that I shared with all when I received the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs of 2007 award sum it all up:
- "What does this mean to me? That some believe in what I say? My thoughts? My views? That I am doing something right? Whether I write about sports or athletes, or blog on Philippine culture and pride, or question the real intentions of those in power, whether or not they still believe in public service - and to set the record straight?
- That the countless comments and emails I receive daily are worth reading, publishing, and responding to? Each and every one of it? Each and every single day? That it stands to reason that all the persons who voted for me, the 9,000+++ (24,000+++ now) bloggers from 100+++ (currently stands at 139) countries who have visited my site, the thousands who have left a comment or two, did not waste their time, liked my my site, or found something interesting in it?
- At this point in time, my wish is that this award, this recognition, will serve as an inspiration to my beautiful children, that my kids will know the importance of taking the time and effort when working towards a goal; that nothing is impossible, that anyone can achieve anything if they just put their heart and soul into it; and that life is beautiful and full of surprises, that one can never go wrong in life when they count their blessings and share such with our misfortunate brothers and sisters, sons and daughters.
- I have said it before, please allow me to say it again, "My sons, my daughters, you are the reason for my being, the only reason why I try to accomplish so much in so little time. You are my closeness. My soulmates. This and more mga anak ko'y. All my love."
Much thanks to all fellow bloggers, friends, readers, and online buddies from around the world! Thank you for the interesting reads and the wonderful comments! Thank you for the support! And much thanks for the friendship! Maraming, maraming, maraming, maraming salamat po! Mabuhay!
Some of the AnitoKid's firsts :)
- introduced the first blogcard devoted to the sports of billiards and Philippine sports;
- the first PPA, MSBA and MAPPA pool player-officer-blogger;
- the first Filipino to be certified by Seeking Alpha, the leading provider of stock market opinion and analysis from blogs, money managers, and investment newsletters. Articles were subsequently published in Yahoo! Finance.
- the first blogger to be accredited and officially linked by Inside Pool Magazine;
- the first blogger to be officially linked by Predator;
- the first and only blogger accredited by Viattorre;
- recipient of The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog Award of 2007
- Grand Prize Winner - SM Bloggers Writing Contest
- winner of the Blog of the Day Award (and on a Super Saturday!);
- recipient of the Top Sports/Leisure Blog Award at FuelMyBlog;
- had been ranked Number 1 in various directories, e.g., Pinoy-Blogs.com;
- nominated as Blogger's Choice Awards' Best Sports Blog.
Much thanks to all!
Agent Xmoimoi Anything Goes Blogmeister Culture Shiok! Fighting Gravity Force Analytics From Dallas to Manila Have To Do This! Ugh! I Am Sam Jay Bubwit Jehzlau Concepts Digital Filipino Kabayan Junction Kegler 747 Make Money Online with a 13-Year Old ManilaMom Me Myself and Cha No Buff No Heal OFW Layf Blog PaintSketch Shamanism Silkenhut's World Sweet Avenger The Broken Bow The Busy Indolent The Walking Tower Windows Mobile C5 Rexted Aileen Apolo Radueriel Leyteño Em Dy Stephanie Caragos Zubli Zainordin Ryan Shamus Ja Kel Daily Hoop Chris Damsel_SEO Andoy ChrisH Manuel Viloria Blogie BetShopBoy JonathanPhillips SorrenGaliza thegrapebunch lateralus this eclectic life Dennis Rito ww-success Shari pusa David Ledoux Happy Lizzette Webbyman Filipinayzd Juned BigBad Tina4Life Mira Lei Sagun Samprasita GM Tristan Dabawenya Tina DeSquallie Avy Manila Mom Prudence SniperAngel Larrybored Sonnie Buddy Migs Brown Baron Jap Mitchteryosa Sarah TheSpot-er NineMoons Family Micaela Des Richard Kegler747 Caranijuan Marcia J. Bubwit Vernula Matty Adrian Jehzeel Laurente Moimoi Maki Silverfork Jhed Elman Willy B. Prilles Jr. Liz I am SAM Pietrie Jensen Daniel Niazy Cursed dandelion Musing Musings ihateboyabunda Annamanila Lei Den Jun Miguel Apolo Sofia for BiSEAN Jigoku Tenshi Fmontserrat Ian OFW Life Lestat_m E Akino Ba Edong Erick Lau Bjarne Karlo.PinoyBlogero Reyville Ahmed Friedreich Bosch Darwin CokskiBlue Ang Lolo Niyo Alan Jr. Claire Allen Gurrea Jigs Novice Blogger Marie Casas Cha Karlokoloko Maenoodle Kristine Ederic utakGAGO Kiro Mariaxyza Raphael Borga Malord Xpal Xx P0ytee Ann Lalon Gibbs Cadiz Richard Lionheart Jedianalyst Quincy John Gari Nice Becky Jplamano ScroochChronicles Poli Nelo Natre Earthlotus Evilgenius Jengkie Kidd Brainfreeze Rhodora Joyfulchicken Maryrose Heneroso Elmo Fx-server livejournal Dagupanboi Isagani X Sexy Mom Carl Ocab My Addiction Eilanna Cvj Rick Manzano MLQ3 Fire Eye'd Boy Shennette Freelance*Jervis JAngeloRacoma Iva fruityoaty ApplesH Jake the Miserable Lei LJ Rhey Alohapenny Diogenes Honey Baklang AJ Free Willy Trex Passing Through Little Khalifah Samut Sari Zen Apu Dan F. Leovy Abet Judith G. Santos Claudia Archeia Gibo Arbet Sandro Kubiyat Fjordan Allego the philosophical bastard Noemi Agent Grey Cliff Johnny Ross Blogbastic Peachy Joan Pinon theprizeblog problogger wolf-howl performancing jensense johnchow clickz kegler747tutubipatrol triptayo ourawesomeplanet sidetrip iloiloonfoot
"'Twas a fabulous year with The AnitoKid!"
*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)