Monday, November 5, 2007

King Tut Returns to Egypt!

King Tut Image

I was browsing the web for news on the game between the New England Patriots and the Indiana Colts when I came across news on King Tut. The linen-wrapped mummy of the Golden Boy was put on public display in Egypt for the first time, 85 years after the 3,000-year-old boy Pharaoh's tomb and mummy were discovered in the Valley of the Kings.

I have always been fascinated with King Tutankhamun since I was a kid. So imagine my surprise when I came across the news! I wasn't even searching for it! I remember that one summer day (I was still in grade school) when I deliberately skipped my music lessons ('twas a Tuesday) because Channel 7 had a special on King Tut! Moreover, I collect commemorative plates from different countries, and some of my favorite pieces are those from the Land of the Pyramids. And guess what? I have a number of plates on King Tut, including some that depicts him with his golden mask. Some of my best and rare finds in my stamp collection are from Egypt, too.

King Tutankhamun GraphicMy interests in Ancient Egypt and the magic and mystery surrounding King Tut and the high priests have never waned. I'm very delighted with my accidental find on the web! And I kid you not!



"There's a bit of the AnitoKid in all of us."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

9 comments:

Feisty Crone said...

King Tut needs to see a dentist, but looks pretty good after all this time.

Euri said...

Ah, I've always love this kind of topic. Too bad, I don't have that much time to watch TV as I used to. :(

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Beth:

The Golden Boy is one of Egypt's great finds and treasures. He has been put in a glass case to protect him from damage from the elements, e.g., heat and moisture.


.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Euri:

Me too, kabayan! A ton of work and recreational activities keep my sched busy all year long.

Oh, I just browsed your cool site - AWESOME! You tell 'em like it is!


.

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

Have you seen the remake picture of him done in 2005? They did a drawing of his face from the bone structure. He looked pretty good.

I agree with you, this is a subject that has fascinated me also.

Good choice to post.

Kyle

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Kyle:

I have seen it, my friend. He is quite handsome, if I may say so. I was really surprised with the accidental find!

I have stories to tell about my fascination with everything related to Ancient Egypt, but i guess that's for another post....

.

Cha said...

yes! i saw this in the news too. but i think just days before the news, the story behind the discovery of King Tut's mummy was featured in National Geographic Channel. i think that was Nov 1 and there I was so hooked to the documentary that i cannot be bothered by my cousins staying with us for the holiday hehe.

it was sooooooo fascinating really! i agree with anitokid! the story of the discoverer and his lordly sponsor, the conspiracies, the politics, and the mysterious missing pieces of King Tut's treasures.

i would really like to go to Egypt someday just to see all of it :D

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Cha:

The Golden Boy has become the most famous Pharaoh of all because his tomb was intact when discovered by Carter. indeed, he has realized immortality! And I kid you not!

And i have a feeling that you will get your wish to visit the Land of the Pyramids! A strong feeling, my friend! :)

.

myonlyphoto said...

The world works in the mysterious ways, you want something, it will come to you. It happens to me all the time, but I it has to be unexpected. Anna :) Cool post btw, I always like pyramids too, and in the process of reading a book about them.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!