Monday, October 1, 2007

Makati Pool Players Association's First Tour at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl!

1ST MPPA 15-Ball TOUR CHAMPIONS

The Makati Pool Players Association (MPPA) held its first 15-Ball Tournament at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl. MPPA is the merged entity of the Makati Square Billiards Association (MSBA) and the Pocket Billiards Association of Makati (PBAM). It was a merger that took two whole years to complete! And I kid you not! Below are pics of the historic tournament. Enjoy!

MPPA Officers at the tour's opening day
September 21, 2007



A total of 67 billiards enthusiasts joined the tour!



My very good friend and MPPA President,
Carlito "Vice" De Castro
in the Opening Ceremonies



PBAM President, Boy Silva,
emcees the Finals and Awarding Ceremonies
September 29, 2007



The Official MPPA Spotters
i.e., Butchok, Eugene, and Ching



The Presidents at the helm
Boy Silva and Vice de Castro



CARLO CASTELLANO
2nd Runner-Up, Class B



IAN BARANDA
1st Runner-Up, Class B
with Dodie Gadia and Vice

HARRY GONZAGA
Class B Champion
with Nards Vinzon and Vice



JOHN DALE TUBALE
2nd Runner-Up, Class A
with Odie Marquez and Vice



LESTER LOJICA
1st Runner-Up, Class A
with Odie and Vice



JAMES LIU
Class A Champion
with Marie Carballo and Vice


A ton of free food at the very successful tour!



ARVIN ARCEO
2nd Runner-Up, Class O
with Vice



MON UY
1st Runner-Up, Class O
with Ronald Relin and Vice



JOJO BIACORA
Class O Champion
with James and Vice



BOYONG JORGE
2nd Runner-Up, Super O
with Ted Castro and Vice



ENZO RONQUILLO
1st Runner-Up, Super O
with Jomar Bravo and Vice



JUN BRIONES aka JUN LA SALLE
SUPER O CHAMPION
with Vice de Castro



'Twas food galore at The Finals!





Kainan na!



2007 MPPA OFFICERS
L-R
Nards Vinzon, Joemar Bravo, Ronald Relin,
James Liu, Carlito de Castro, Marie Carballo,
and Odie Marquez



"One Goal. One Passion. The AnitoKid."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)

6 comments:

One Wacky Mom said...

Looks like you had a blast at the Billiards championship! And thanks for your thoughtful comments about #3. Sometimes we don't think what we do matters to anyone. Your words truly touched me...and inspired me that day...and every day...that they do matter.

Ron Powers is helping me with my book, do you know who he is? Famous American author. Amazing gentleman. He humbles me...and inspires me...as do you. Thank you.

Someone said recently, never underestimate the power that one person can make in another person's life...you do that for me on many days.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I only placed fourth, Ev. I only had about 3 weeks of practice, which wasn't enough considering the long break I had from the game. Well, there's next time - possibly in December 2007.

I don't know Ron Powers but with the way you described him, I think he is one cool dude, Wacky Mom!

Much thanks for the kind words, my friend. But you, Ev, are the one who inspires me more to do good and love life more. I know I said it before, but please allow me to say it again, "Your words consistently touch my soul".
.

Anonymous said...

i hope its not too late to congratulate the winners.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Much thanks for the warm wishes! All the best!

.

Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Thanks, friend!


:)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!