Monday, October 29, 2007

Filipino Antonio Gabica Given a Wild Card Entry Into the 2007 World Pool Championship!

Gaga Gabica ImageMatchroom Sports has awarded Filipino pool player Antonio Gabica, aka Gaga, a wildcard entry into the 128 man starting line-up of the 2007 World Pool Championship, which will be held from November 3 to 11, 2007, at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City, Philippines.

Gabica's exemplary achievements and performance over the past year have boost his credibility as a direct wildcard into the much-awaited tour. Gaga will be one of the 13 local entrants aspiring to join the ranks of Efren Bata Reyes, aka The Magician, Alex Pagulayan, aka The Lion, and Ronnie Alcano. He will square off against Bruno Muratore in his opening Group 4 match. A win over Muratore will see Gaga facing the winner of the match between Yang Ching-shun and Lu Hui-chan.


Antonio Gabica Graphic
The 35-year-old billiards player hails from Lapu-lapu City, Cebu. Antonio Gabica is a gold (9-ball) and silver (8-ball) medalist in the Asian Games, and is the reigning Philippines Open 9-ball Champion. I first saw Gaga play on TV in the “Search for the Tanduay No. 1 Billiards Player,” which was hosted by one of my good friends, Emil dela Paz. I particularly liked the way Gaga sizes up the table for a run-out. Indeed, Gaga has come a long way with his serious and professional take on the game! And I kid you not!



"Play with confidence. Learn the science with The AnitoKid."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could watch the world pool Championship.. hmmm i'm sure you'll be first in line kabayan! :D

and hey, what a cool RSS badge you got there! hehe

Anonymous said...

Wow! ya you are really into billiards very informative ^_^

as of the moment my post is about Mindanao Bloggers Summit

ingat

crazed_heck said...

dumaan ako kabayan...

crazed_heck said...

was here...
its been a while kabayan..
busy i think,,,,

kegler747 said...

Can't wait for the World Pool Championships. Bket Nov. na sya ngayon? Dati kse July sya.

I remember nung nanalo si Efren eh its my birthday kaya akala ko lucky charm nya ako :)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Parisukat:

I'll be watching the opening, the semis, and the finals, my friend! I wouldn't miss it - I hope! :)

Will be there in the opening to take pics. I doubt there will be exciting matches on that day, but who knows!

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Aice:

Hi kabayan! Congrats on the 1st Mindanao Bloggers Summit! I'll be reading your post on it after I finish with this :) And I kid you not!

By the way, how's the SEO thing coming along, my friend?


.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Crazed Heck:

Hi friend! And how are things? Yeah, it's been a busy and hectic week for me. I havent been updated lately on what's happening in the local blogosphere scene tsk.

Much thanks for dropping by, kabayan!


.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Kegler:

Hi bro! Scheds often change to accommodate various business concerns, availability of the venue, etc.

Wow! Really? Now, that is what I call one unforgettable birthday! I'd rather be lucky than good, ika nga! And i kid you not!


.

Anonymous said...

Wow! sana ako din.. hmm subukan ko makapanood. Sobrang I love pool pa naman. Kahit blog ko may 9ball playroom na now. :) play dun minsan heheheh.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Parisukat:

yeah kabayan! now, I have to see the 9-ball playroom soon! :)

.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!