Friday, August 3, 2007

The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog Awards for 2007 - More Pics for All!



mingling and being one with the blog crowd



Handshakes were everywhere.
Blog card exchanges, too!



blog friends - one and all
An Apple A Day, Sexy Mom, Angelic Mom, and Bakla Ako



gifts for all bloggers
the good boys and good girls go checking 'em out



Someone with everyone,
everyone with everybody.



And you're the next contestant
on The Price is Right!
The Broken Bow and The AnitoKid



The A-Kid with Jerry Su of Wellcom
and Jehzeel of Jehzlau Concepts
I finally met my online kababayan, my friend, Jehzeel, at the event.
It was as if we knew each other for so long, twas like a reunion of sort!
This kid will go far, and I kid you not!



A song-and-dance number
from the A-Kid and The Broken Bow






The A-Kid receives his award and bag of goodies
from Ms. Janette






The A-Kid wins in the raffle!
An 8-hour Wi-Fi access!
WOOOO!





The Top 10 list is in my Book of Knowledge










What does this mean to me?

That some believe in what I say?
My thoughts? My views?


That I am doing something right?
Whether I write about sports or athletes,
or blog on Philippine culture and pride,
or question the real intentions of those in power,
whether or not they still believe in public service -
and to set the record straight?


That the countless comments and emails I receive daily
are worth reading, publishing, and responding to?
Each and every one of it? Each and every single day?


That it stands to reason that all the persons
who voted for me,
the 9,000+++ bloggers from 100+++ countries
who have visited my site,
the thousands who have left a comment or two,
did not waste their time, liked my my site,
or found something interesting in it?


At this point in time, my wish is that
this award, this recognition,
will serve as an inspiration
to my beautiful children,

that my kids will know the importance of taking the time and effort
when working towards a goal;

that nothing is impossible,
that anyone can achieve anything
if they just put their heart and soul into it;

and that life is beautiful and full of surprises,
that one can never go wrong in life
when they count their blessings and share such
with our misfortunate brothers and sisters, sons and daughters.


I have said it before,
please allow me to say it again,

"My sons, my daughters,
you are the reason for my being,
the only reason why I try to accomplish so much in so little time.
You are my closeness. My soulmates.
This and more mga anak ko'y. All my love."




*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)






*Other interesting reads on the event. Enjoy! :)

14 comments:

Manila Mom said...

Wow! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Thanks for the pics posted here. It's good to see the faces behind the blogs I frequent. I wish I could have been there but family needs had to be attended to. It's nice to read about the event, though. Congratulations again!

Jehzeel Laurente said...

congrats kabayan!!! ang sayaAAA! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

SexyMom said...

i have said it in person--i will say it again - CONGRATULATION!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Your friends, SexyMom and AngelicMom were at the event, too, ManilaMom! They were the first one i recognized and I almost waved to them when i realized that I do not know them personally - kaya medyo nahiya ako!

When I got the courage to introduce myself to them and exchange blogcards, sabi nila, "Siya yung kaibigan ni ManilaMom. Matutuwa si ManilaMom at nandito si AnitoKid."

Anyway, there would be more events promoting Pinoy bloggers in the future, right Mom?

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Thanks Jehzeel! Hope you like the pics! :)

eastcoastlife said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
awwww.... that was a sweet speech. You deserve the award, AnitoKid!

*Hugs*

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Thank you very much, EastCoastLife. Much thanks, my friend!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@SexyMom - Much thanks, Dine! Twas lovely to finally meet you and AngelicMom in person! Both of you were so charming that night! My friends agree with me. And I kid you not!

iloilo onfoot said...

thank you for your comment, kuya, very much appreciated!
Your comment inspires me to take more pictures.. thanks a lot... God bless

joanna said...

congrats on being on the list of top 10 emerging influential blog of 2007. ^_^

E Akino said...

Congratz Kabayan and to all winners!

Looks like you all had a good time. Sayang wala ako sa Pinas nakadalo sana ako. May be next time ma-meet ko din popular bloggers such as you.

More power to all Pinoy Bloggers!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Iloilo, Joana, and E.Akino: Much thanks for the kind words, kabayans! Really appreciate it! Hope we could see each other at the next blogg event! Mabuhay!

febeth said...

One question lang,pwede.bakit ka ANITOKID? Sa Anito Lodge ka ba binuo(biro lang ha)

Congrats

Anonymous said...

thanks for the information.
@interesting video articles

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!