Saturday, May 12, 2007

Free ads, anyone? Try FreeAdLists.com

I just came across this site, FreeAdLists.com that touts itself as a free e-classified ad service. It kind of reminded me of the local free ads paper in the Philippines, Buy-n-Sell. When Buy-n-Sell was just starting out, nobody paid much attention to it. They were giving it away for free then because nobody was buying the idea. It was like, "How could someone offer a classified ads paper for free. You must be stupid or something." And how do I know they were giving it for free? The AnitoKid has the first eight issues of the paper still with him...and they are all marked "FREE"! The "free ads" concept soon caught on and guess what! The publishers currently sell it for Php25 each in a circulation that runs in the millions! They even now have separate and specialized editions for the Visayas region! And I kid you not!

Hey wait! I better hold my horses. This post isn't about Buy-and-Sell. Let me get back to my firsthand experience in using FreeAdLists. As I began browsing the online ad service, the first thing I noticed was its interface. It is very user friendly! It was my first time to post an ad (and an online ad, mind you) but it was child's play! It was like spreading creamy peanut butter on white bread! It even had a Quick Jump section that lets users post ads in five (5) easy steps. The system automatically classifies the intended ad/s to be placed, i.e., category, sub-category, country, state, and city. And one doesn't even have to register in the system to do it!

The next feature that surprised me was FreeAdLists' intended market: THE WORLD! All 50+++ states of the USA are included, broken down into their respective major cities. It also features all international cities, i.e., from Asia to North America, and Europe to the Middle East. Another notable feature of the interface is that it gives readers and users the option to suggest a city or country for inclusion in the site! Talk about a pro-active approach to catering to the world's ad needs!

Another surprise is FreeAdLists' accounts feature that lets repeat users manage their free ads and customized their email notifications. The guy/s behind this thought of everything! And oh! They even have a Forum section, where buyers, sellers, and site moderators can discuss anything related to their ads, queries, and other issues and concerns. I can only imagine the usefulness of this forum during events such as concerts, major sport events (e.g., NBA finals), first showings at cinemas, etc., typical scenarios where almost everyone I know is scrambling to get tickets for coveted seats. By the way, the site comes standard with a language translator. It is indeed one complete package! And I kid you not!

Experience it first hand, log on at FreeAdLists.com.
You'll be glad you did!

Pinoy-Blogs.com

Ranking.PinoyBlogosphere.Com

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!