Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nikon D40 with AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G: Great Pictures and All!

Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR GraphicNikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR - I received a ton of emails asking the type of camera and lenses I used to take pictures during the just-concluded 9-Ball Summit of the Makati Pool Players Association held at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl, Makati City. Believe you me, I even received some high praises from pool players, buddies, fans, and readers on the pics I took at the event. Much thanks for the kind words, friends!

It may surprise everyone, but I only used one lens during the entire event – the Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR. Purchased a day before the actual competition using some of my blog earnings from January 2009 – yes, you’ve read right, I actually bought the lens a day before the historic tournament :) - I paired my superzoom with my uber-favorite Nikon D40 camera and Nikon SB-400 speedlight.

My Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR features 16 elements in 12 groups; 3 aspheric, and 2 ED elements. The lens integrate a manual focus override, AF-S lens focusing motor, vibration reduction, internal focus, 72mm filter size, and comes with a HB-35 hood. Weighting 1.26 pounds, it focuses to 16.5" (0.5m), and is about 100mm long from mount (160mm extended). With such specs and all, it couldn’t get better than that! Well, yes, it could if we are talking about my ultimate dream lens, i.e., the Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR! :)

And just how good are the pictures I took using the My Nikon AF-S Zoom-Nikkor ED 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF DX VR? Truth be told, some of the shots I took were simultaneously published in the Philippine Daily Inquirer and People’s Tonight newspapers! And I kid you not!







"The AnitoKid loves photography!"



*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites


Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email address






0 comments:

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!