Sunday, January 13, 2008

OB-1 Cue Shaft: Great Performance and Great Feel from Owen-Bunnel Inc.!


After a week of playing with the OB-1 cue shaft I received direct from Owen-Bunnell Inc., here are my thoughts on it. First, the guys at Owen-Bunnell Inc. packed the OB-1 cue shaft very well in a vacuumed plastic and bubble wrap. A close up inspection revealed no damage whatsoever. The box used for transport is made of heavy-duty cardboard held by heavy-duty packing tape at both ends. These guys sure know how to pack their stuff for transport!




The OB-1 shaft is definitely a slick one! IT IS very slick, friends! There’s no need to use baby powder on my hands! It’s already been a week of heavy playing already and the shaft’s slickness hasn’t changed a bit! The OB-1 cue shaft sent to me features a UniLoc with Black Collar joint, thus I paired it with my Predator 2 butt. I did all types off shooting with different degrees of force. The hit is remarkably solid! It exceptionally feels and sounds solid! No whippy or inconsistent feel! None whatsoever! Nil! Zit! Nada! I can’t exactly put my finger on it but the great feel generated by the OB-1 cue shaft makes me want to play better and be a better pool player! Shot after shot! Rack after rack! Set after set! Proof? I successfully run out the table on my first day using the OB-1 cue shaft – with much less effort! And oh! I successfully shut out a fellow club member (7-0) in a game of 9-balls! Would you believe that the guy belongs to a class one level higher than me? Yes, he does! No kidding!


Just like Predator’s 314, there is no need to compensate for deflection or squirt when using the OB-1 cue shaft. Of course, one still has to contend with the physics of the throw imparted on the object ball. But all in all, you just point, shoot, and the cue ball goes where you aim it! And I didn’t have to hit the cue ball as hard to get the same effect on spin and all, thus, increasing my accuracy and level of play! I pocket balls and realize my desired positional plays with much less effort than before! The cue ball follows, draws, and spins with much less effort! And this is very important if you play like me, i.e., for hours on end everyday!




With regards to the unique look of the laminated wood ferrule, some members of one of the clubs I belong to voiced their concerns on being distracted with it while shooting. That was before I let them shoot with my OB-1 cue shaft! They all did a complete 360 after shooting with it! Ha ha ha! I, for one, wasn’t bothered or distracted by it! Not one bit! Such thoughts never cross my mind when I was playing. You see, when I play, whether in tournaments or money matches, my thoughts center mostly on three things, i.e., the cue ball, the position of the object ball in relation to the cue ball, and the position of the other balls on the table. And when I go down for a shot, I focused on the area of the cue ball that I need to hit in order to pocket the object ball or put myself in positional play.


Much thanks to the great guys at Owen-Bunnell Inc. who sent me the OB-1 shaft! The OB-1 is one great cue shaft!
All in all, It’s all about great performance and great feel! The OB-1 cue shaft will definitely help improve any pool player’s game! And I kid you not!




"The AnitoKid loves his OB-1!"

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post and review. I've been researching cue's in order to improve my game and found your site extremely useful.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Jimmy:

Much thanks for the kind words, Jimmy!

All the best!

.

snoopy said...

Wow. First your game has improved a lot with that OB cue. Might get one for myself too.

snoopy said...

Wow, your game has improved a lot with the use of that OB cue. Will try get one for myself too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your game has improved a lot with that OB cue. I try get myself one too.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Snoopy:

Please do, my friend. It's really a good shaft! I really like it! And i kid you not!

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Charly!

Daddy Charly! Nice to see you again, my good friend! And much thanks for the kind words, Dad!

And oh! I always try my very, very, very best every time we play, Dad! You serve as one of my inspirations in the pool world, my friend.

Love you Daddy Charly!

.

Anonymous said...

Great review Kid!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Anonymous:

Thanks!


.

Anonymous said...

hola anitokid.. can you give me some of your opinion please since i'm gonna get a shaft for my joss cue

i'm considering between predator 314-2 and OB-1, very very tough decision to make.. i'm really confused now..

have you played with predator 314-2 before and please lemme know ur suggestions please...

thanks a lot..

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Julius:

Both shafts, i.e., 314-2 and OB-1, are great shafts and all!

I have both and have spent a significant amount of play time with each. Either one of the two would be an excellent choice, Julius. They are the best on the market right now! And I kid you not!

Do let me know about your decision, and how your future shaft fares, okay?

:)

Anonymous said...

halo anitokid.. yeah i decided and ordered an OB-1 shaft for my joss cue.. might get it 2 days from now haha... thanks a lot for your opinion.. i will leave my opinion here after i tried the OB-1....

thanks a lot bro, much appreciated...

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hi Julius!

Will eagerly await your opinion!

:)

Anonymous said...

hola anitokid,
i got my OB-1 and it matched perfectly with my joss, feels a bit heavier than my standard joss shaft.

one thing i really like is the spin produced by this shaft, the spin is great and effortless, i still have to play with it and get used to it, still a bit hard to control at the moment haha..

overall i'm happy with this purchase, i would love to hear from you about your comparison between OB-1 and 314.2, which one do you like better?

i might get 314.2 as well haha..
cheers bro..

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Congratulations on your new acquisition, Julius!

With regards to your request for my thoughts on the 314-2 - am soon going to do a post on it and all, buddy!

All the best!

:)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, thanks for the info. I've been looking into buying a new cue myself and the info you've provided has been very useful. Thanks again

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Bubble Wrap Lover:

Am glad to be of help to you, buddy!
And I kid you not!


:)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!