Monday, October 25, 2010

Yalin Women's World 10-Ball Championship: Updates on Day 1!

 
Update on the 2010 Yalin Women’s World 10-Ball Championship:

The Pool Capital of the World’s 1st Filipina World Champion, Rubilen Amit, scored a 6-3 win over the United States’ Angel Paglia in her first match in the ongoing 2010 Yalin Women’s World 10-Ball Championship!

The 28-year-old Filipina, the reigning world 10-ball champion, got off to a fast start. Believe you me, the opening rack was over in just 166 seconds – way before the crowd warmed up their seats – and it was 2-0 in favor of Bingkay!

After a dry break from Rubilen Amit, her first of three for the match, Angel Paglia rose from her chair to cut the deficit to 2-1. In the fourth rack, Paglia penalized herself after sinking the No. 5 on the left corner pocket.

“I fouled. I touched the cue ball with my stick. It’s yours,” she told Rubilen Amit of her infraction that escaped the eyes of Filipino referee Troy Danao. Amit said her thanks as she got up, and with ball in hand she cleared the rack and moved up to 3-1.

“I felt it (foul). I just didn’t know if I should tell it to the referee or Rubilen. I was really focused in the match but then somehow I lost it. Then I felt a little shaky,” said Angel Paglia. Paglia was rewarded for her honesty when Amit had a dry break on the fifth rack. The American did not waste the opportunity with a perfect 7-and-10 combination for a 3-2 count.

She had the equalizer on her hands when she was trailing 4-3. But she committed another foul using the bridge for what looked like an easy shot with the No. 9. In this rack, Rubilen Amit also had a couple of miscues, on the No. 4 and No. 7. However, they did not really matter because Paglia had her own each time she was given a chance.

Soon it was 5-3 and then 6-3 for the Filipina champion!

“It only showed how nervous I was. I had a couple of misses, too. But I hope to do better in my next match!” said Amit, one of the favorites for the $20,000 champion’s purse.

World No. 1 Allison Fisher of England also got off to a good start, scoring a 6-2 win over Venezuelan beauty Mirjana Grujicic. Canada’s Tiffany Bryant won against the Philippines’ pool wonder, Gillian Go (6-2). Gillian Go finished in the top 18 in the inaugural Women’s World 10-Ball Championship held last year at The Block, SM City North Edsa Quezon City. For those not in the know, she was just 12 years old then! And I kid you not!

 
To Rubilen, Gillian and the rest of the Filipina pool players – we wish you the best of luck! The whole country is rooting for you! Mabuhay!




"The AnitoKid is in the house!"


*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)
Add to Technorati Favorites



Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email address






0 comments:

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!