Friday, July 24, 2009

A Birthday Wish: Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR Lens!

Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens for my birthday? I wish!

Have I ever written a birthday post? I don’t know. I can’t seem to remember. Maybe, I have. Maybe I have not. Yikes! Memory lapses at 28! Cough! Cough! Cough! Okay,
the truth shall set me free: 38! I am now 38 years old! And a cool one, I’d love to think! ^_^

Yesterday, the kids surprised me with two of favorites – Andok’s Litson Manok and spicy potato chips for dinner! We celebrated a day ahead because I have work today. During the course of the meal, amidst the endless chattering on the day’s activities, my eldest daughter, Agi, asked, “What’s your birthday wish, Dad?”

I just smiled. Truth be told, I really don’t know what to wish for. I have a loving family. A nice and decent job, great friends (on and off the pool circuit), and health is okay (I think!). And oh! Let’s not forget my blogs and websites! I then softly said, "Another world championship for The Magician - Efren Bata Reyes - before he retires!"

The rest of the kids, i.e., Dado, Kiko and Patis, all exclaimed, "Yeah!"

Agi asked again, “Okay, Dad! But, if you could wish for anything, material that is, for yourself, what would that be, Dad?” Hmmm. Something material? And for myself? Suddenly, a thousand thoughts suddenly crossed my mind! A new car perhaps? Too expensive now! An LCD television? Nah! I rarely watch TV! A new laptop? Another hmmm. And wham! It hit me! A Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens! Now, that is what I want!

“Someday, Dad! Someday, I’m going to buy you one!” remarked Agi. “Ha! Ha! Ha! Don’t think about it, anak ko’y! It’s just a wish, remember?” I cheerfully said back.

Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR Lens Graphic
The Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens is Nikon's best professional moderate telephoto zoom. For those not in the know, one of these (or one of its earlier siblings) is in almost every professional photographers' bag! And I kid you not!

The optics and mechanics of the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens are superlative for everything a full-time career professional news or sports photographer would want to shoot with it, on any Nikon digital or modern film camera. Wouldn’t it be great to have when taking pictures of the Filipino greats in billiards! With such a fast lens, that would be awesome! Then again, the only reason why I do not have yet one for my Nikon D90 is the price! It’s quite expensive in my book! With all the expenses tightly bound to the kids’ education and all, getting the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens remains a dream at this point in time.

But hey! I’m not complaining! Not one bit! My beautiful children’s education comes first! My children always come first! They are all very studious and work very hard to be at the top of their class and all! And that reason alone (and I have many reasons, mind you!) makes me the happiest dad in the world!

Thirty-eight wonderful years, with like almost half of it filled with wonderful memories with my beautiful children and loving friends! Indeed, life is good! I count my blessings! You should too!

And what about the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR lens? It is still a dream! And dreams do come true. Right? I wish!



"Count your blessings! The AnitoKid."


*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites


Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email address






5 comments:

Itzypies said...

hahahha wish ko din yan :D

Itzypies said...

hahaha...
I'll pray na lang that you get your wish :D

Custom Country Curtains said...

Thanks for the useful info. It’s so interesting

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Itzypies:

Much thanks, mare!

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Custom Country Curtains:

You're welcome!

.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!