Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The AnitoKid Also Bows Out of ratified.org's Top 100 Philippine Blogs

And as a closing to yesterday's post on the rude comment left by Mr. Andrew dela Serna (creator of ratified.org) at my friend's blog, ManilaMom:

I, the AnitoKid, am also bowing out of ratified.org's Top 100 Philippine Blogs list. I am doing this not because it is the coolest thing to do right now - come to think of it, IT IS THE COOLEST THING TO DO - after what Mr. Andrew blurted out and whined about. I am doing this because Mr. Andrew's irresponsible comments destroyed any credibility, real or imagined, that his ratified.org had.

And being the creator and all of ratified.org, a list that uses Technorati data and Feedburner stats to chart the progress of Filipino bloggers around the world, Mr. Andrew, I believe, should had been more responsible in the way he dished out his comments. After all, we did respect the rules Mr. Andrew laid out at ratified.org. It goes without saying that he should have shown the same courtesy to the participants, i.e., fellow Filipino bloggers.


And in the words of ManilaMom,
  • "if the list owner strongly believes that the manner in which I qualified is not legitimate then it is not proper for me to persist to be in that list. I would feel foolish proclaiming to be ratified in such a manner."

And to all our friends, fellow bloggers, and readers
who expressed their love and support,
who took a stand and stood their ground -

Maraming, maraming, maraming salamat po!



"Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine."



13 comments:

Richard Du said...

A class act Anitokid... I salute you!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I appreciate the support, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I'd bow out too if I were a member of ratified. Fortunately, I never was. :) It's funny how the list owner - yes it's a person and not some official entity that ratifies your ranking or whatever - chooses to insult the top 20 on his own list, probably the same people who contributed to his own blog's traffic. I imagine his blog probably gets traffic from people clicking on the "ratified" icon on everybody else's site so he really shouldn't be biting the hand that well, feeds his blog. :P

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I don't get it either, Trinity. Thanks for taking time out to comment. Much thanks.

Anonymous said...

This just shows that you're a principled person, AnitoKid.

If Mr.Dela Serna were principled, too, then he should also follow through on his words and categorically state at Ratified.org that he does not think those who join trains should rank there. Why does he continue to ratify them even as he says he feels so strongly about his opinion?

I agree with Trinity. He continues to benefit from these blogs that have joined Ratified.org. He wants to continue benefitting from their links while insulting them blatantly.

And some Filipino bloggers even applaud him for doing it!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I already made the decision to detach myself from the ratified.org list yesterday. However, I was pressed for time - consultancies and all - thus, it was only today that I got to go around and do the post. Didn't want to elaborate my reasons in haste (might miss something or commit a typo or two) and end up looking nonsensical.

Did some searching on the net ManilaMom and found this:

"I have to point out that all the Pinoy blogs that I’ve “ratified” are legit. They all have real content and backlinks. But just like you, I’m surprised to see a few blogs ranking lower than they should. Yes, Technorati has its own quirks, but what I like about it is it doesn’t exclude anyone (who isn’t banned). It doesn’t require registration or javascript code. All I have to do is add a blog and connect to Technorati to pick up its stats. Once the stats are recorded, the blog is ranked immediately. Ratified.org is meant to unite, inspire and promote Filipino bloggers. That is the main reason why I created it."

I'll give you one good guess who posted it as a comment, Mom. Better yet, you can have a good look at it here:

http://racoma.com.ph/archives/whats-wrong-with-using-technorati-to-rank-blogs

Anonymous said...

Contradicts himself, doesn't he? Wow, he has a weird way of "uniting" and "inspiring" Filipino bloggers if we go by what he wrote in his own blog post and his comment in my blog.

He says all the ratified blogs are legit. And then he says in his comment in my blog that some are "more legit" and, therefore, others are "less legit."

If he's saying his ranking is based on Technorati, why should he be surprised that some blogs "rank lower than they should"? This implies he doesn't agree with Technorati stats. Then why use those stats as basis for his list?

This is getting weirder and weirder.

htroika said...

Hi.

I have also faved your blog! Thanks for doing the same. I really appreciate it. May both of us benefit from this faves.

To our success!

Regards,
-mr.ular-
http://how-to-makemoneyonline.blogspot.com

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Indeed, it is a complete 360 with a twist ManilaMom. Reminds me of the story of the boy who cried wolf - who in the end, nobody believed the boy anymore.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Much thanks for the fave Mr. Ular!

Anonymous said...

Wala, si Andrew dela Serna dapat ang magbow out sa ratified!

exskindiver said...

complete kabaliwan this "rat" issue.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@exskindiver: Indeed, it is a crazy world. Ches. Love the way you put it, "rat" :)

@LG Chocolate: Come to think of it, IT IS an interesting point - with him being the creator and all. Hmmmmm.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!