Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Novice Blogger of The Broken Bow

I received quite a number of emails and queries regarding the AnitoKid's new header. It is kind of neat, isn't it? And to be honest with you, I LOVE IT! Dundee, my friend over at The Broken Bow, is the brain behind it. All I did was described to Dundee, aka Novice Blogger, what I imagined my header to be - colors, pics, etc. I was speechless, and I kid you not, when I first saw what he came up with. What he did was not just remarkable, not just aesthetically pleasing, but SIMPLY BEAUTIFULI The Broken Bow went beyond my concept and turned it into A WORK of ART!

He used Photoshop to group and crop the individual images, designed the layout, added a few touches to the A-Kid favicon - and LO! AND BEHOLD! - a header I am very proud of to display for years to come! And speaking of favicons, Dundee touched up the "Salakot" with my Seeking Alpha badge and incorporated it in my blogger template so that it will show up in the A-Kid's URL. All of these and more - and for how much? The Broken Bow didn't charge the AnitoKid a cent! Nothing! He wouldn't have any of it!

I have always held The Broken Bow in high regard. When he was starting out to blog, I readily noticed his talent - the ability to write about and describe ordinary things in an extraordinary way. He has this gift of writing about virtually anything under the sun in a way that will make you want for more. I remember the time I said to him, "You write like Guy Kawasaki, bro."

In the words of Faye Ilogon to The Broken Bow:
  • "I don't know why I read your stuff when it endangers my whole philosophy of dirt. Must be because you have nifty posts. I mean, I learn stuff from you and you don't use fancy words to express yourself."
Need I say more on how good The Broken Bow is? Well, okay, if you insist. Check this out - The Bamboo Jeep - an entry to BoingBoing (One of Technorati's Top 5 blogs) from none other than The Broken Bow himself!

From Dundee:

21 comments:

Novice Blogger said...

haha! i'm quite overwhelmed anitokid! i really don't know what to say except thank you, cliche as it may sound.

though i'd like a lot of things supposedly low profile, i'd say it's different when it comes from you. and it means a lot to me to see something like this one.

i just hope that a post like this could add traffic and attract more readers to your blog. haha!

owel! cheers!

kailangang matabunan na to ng bagong posts bago magrill! haha!

Richard Du said...

Congratulations Novice Blogger for being connected with BoingBoing! It must have been your dream to be connected to one of the best blogs in the world!

Kat said...

Photoshop really does the magic =)

Miss ko na kau

Cha said...

wow! i'm so honored to be friends with anitokid and broken bow. unless i am just assuming to be their friend haha! :D


no kidding, i feel so fortunate to meet these two people with their uniqueness, talents, and 'charisma' naks! all d best to you guys.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Dundee: I have learned a lot from you, my friend. Totoo. Ayan na naman tayo sa matabunan eh! Natawa na naman ako! Had a good laugh with it! matabunan bago magrill! Love it!

@Richard: If I am not mistaken, I think his previous post, or the one before that, he stated something about wishing to be linked to BoingBoing. And WOOOOOOO! Just like magic!

@Kat: We miss you too, Anna! Been checking your blog at least twice a week to see if you're online na - but to no avail! GLAD you're back! We miss you and we love you, dear! Mwah!

@Cha: Cough cough cough - look who's talking! You're the original charm, my dear Charisse. We love you! And even though the group just did a get together last Friday, it seems like eons na. Miss you dear friend. Mwah!

I AM SAM said...

Boing....BOing....Boing.... Another milestone that is worth more than a mile.... Kudos to the Broke Bow.... The guy is really great.... Oh its true!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ang pogi!!! Honestly Im attracted to him. Puwede ba malaman ung details tungkol kay Novice Blogger? Pls?(e.g. address, cell number, whole name, school, etc.)

Someone please post them...

Thanks

THE ANiTOKiD said...

You can say that again, Sam! The Greatness who likes to keep a low profile. Kudos to The Broken Bow!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

The Broken Bow is very much single - spent just 23 years here on Earth. He is an Atenean and currently taking up his masteral studies in Economics in a school in Makati.

This future Governor of Abra is a man's man in my book.

His blog is at www.thebrokenbow.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps :)

Cha said...

wow! broken bow hihi :D may admirer ka!

"secret lovers...that's what we are"

exskindiver said...

thank you anitokid!!!
you know what I am talking about.
I had no idea.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@exskindiver:

Congratulations kabayan! No more allergies huh? :)

Am very proud of you, my friend!

Keep those great posts coming, okay...

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thanks for the details! I also visited his blog na and Im amazed at the depth of his writing. He must be very smart and learned. It makes me more attracted to him. I want to write comments in his blog but I got shy! (Shit! Im spilling my beans too much!) Please give me his cell number naman?

Anonymous said...

I do follow some of the posts of Anitokid and the Broken Bow. Since Anitokid is already taken, my interest has shifted to the Broken Bow. I know the basic stuff about him based on the comments. But I really wanted to go the extra mile. That is knowing inside the Broken Bow

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Infatuated Lady and Girl Next Door:

Cell number? I'll ask The Broken Bow tomorrow. And yes, the depth of his writing mirrors his personality - interesting and full of life, and with a great sense of humor to boot! Not a dull moment with Dundee aka A True Gentleman.

ice9web said...

ganda naman yan bamboo jeep very Filipino ang dating.

^_^

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Talagang maganda kabayan!

jedianalyst said...

dami na fans ni Dundee! We kid you not... he he he

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Indeed, he has a loyal following! WOOOOOOOOO!

One Wacky Mom said...

OK Anitokid, I voted for every single one.....and I hope you win...now I need to get my butt back to being really skinny again...so I'm going to leave you now and go work out...then work my the other side of me off...which would the brain...to pay my freaking kids tuitions!!!
But I'll be back........and I'm linking into to you on all my blogs.....

They are:

Career Strategist
http://careerstrategist.blogspot.com

Resource Economics
http://evnucci.wordpress.com

My Life is Murphy's Law
http://wackymom.blogspot.com

I don't care if you don't link in......I just love your style! You are one cool dude!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Voted all of them? Wow! Much thanks WackyMom! I don't know what to say!

Maraming, maraming, maraming salamat po! (Thank you very much!)

And oh! I've linked your sites WackyMom! All of them! :)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!