Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More pics of the Literatis at Bubba Gump!

More on the Literatis at Bubba Gump
A tasty treat from Papa Rick and Pareng Dave


Eto ba talaga ang magbabayad?
Crew: Ang dami namang order!



And it all boils down to the last two!
Shrimp Eating Contest - The Finale



Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it,
bake it, sautee it. There's shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo,
pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich....that's about it.
Let's order 'em all! :)


Coolness. That's the name of the game.



Let's save Papa Rick and Pareng Dave all the trouble
of ordering. Let's get all the items listed
on the third page. Five sets each.


Matira ang matibay.
The Energizer bunnies when it comes to shrimps.



This, I believe, is Shrimp Heaven!



Prim and proper the Literatis were



Nah, come on! You can tell me.
How much is the bill?



Now, there's an old adage about Clam Chowder,
but will save it for another post :)



Good boys and good girls
from a long and great military tradition



I have returned!



I just love the Philippines!
I'm not a tourist. I work here.



Even if we tried, we couldn't possibly do
what the sign says after eating
almost Php30,000 worth of shrimps



Good thing I have my bag!
Save this for later, Ma.



You just have to love Dondon's way
of eating shrimps!
Bravo!



We're not done yet!



Announcement! After this, we're all going to Jollibee!



Lo and behold! The Shrimp Kings!



Just one more sip and I'll be okay



At last, fresh airl
Time for a smoke, Ma!



The only rose among the thorns.


*much thanks to my friend
over at The Broken Bow
for the pics!!


Pinoy-Blogs.com

Ranking.PinoyBlogosphere.Com

11 comments:

talk said...

Hi. Thanks for leaving a comment and having interest in joining the Filipino Blog of the Week award. I'll include this blog in next week's round. One question: are you the foreign guy in the picture?ym

Anonymous said...

Hey I used to be a waiter at bubbas back in the day! What was forrest gumps favorite drink?
lol!
Take care 365ad

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@talksmart: I'm the big guy in a Barong Tagalog, my friend! :)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hi 365ad! Now, that's cool! All the staff and crew at Gump's Makati were so friendly and courteous! Was my 4th time at the place. Great food! Always!

Unknown said...

Sarap! Song of the day: "Sana Maulit Muli"... nyaahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Titser, titser!... may i go out? Naba-Bubba Gump ako! Sige na po! Pupunta lang ako sa Renaissance!

Anonymous said...

But their wet shrimps were not sariwa. They should have acquired 3 aquariums. One for live shrimps. One for pets. And another one for entertainment.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

You got that right, Kim! Shrimp heaven talaga! Di nakakasawa!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Dex and Bubwitz: Had a good laugh with this one! Just remembered our Sbucks get-together and stories about the "Renaissance Man" hi hi hi...

exskindiver said...

hoy anitokid,
smoking is bad for your health my friend!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Thanks for the reminder, Ches! Wanted to quit for a very long time but can't seem to really get it out my system. Even though I only smoke half of each stick, quitting the vice is still the best alternative.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!