Monday, June 18, 2007

The AnitoKid in the Spotlight!

My friend over at ManilaMom tagged me for this meme called “In The Spotlight,” which was created by Christy of Christy’s Coffee Break. The meme contains 12 questions - and a blogger may answer all of them, or just pick the ones they like. For the complete rules and list of questions, please visit Christy’s site.

These are the questions and my answers. I answered the questions one at a time, not knowing what the next question will be. And in the words of ManilaMom,
let’s turn on the spotlight!


Here goes…

What Makes Your Blogging Unique?
A blogger once made a comment about my site, which I have to admit is one that I cherish up to now. "The beauty and organization of your site captured my attention, but the way you expressed your words, defining your personality, captured all my senses, especially my heart."


When did you start blogging?
I came to know the world of blogging on November 20, 2006. However, I only had three posts in 2006, and 1 post in January 2007! Honestly, I don't know what happened, but come February 2007, all i wanted to do was blog, blog and blog. I guess the blogbug bit me, and the rest, as they say, is history.


Is this your first meme?
Yes, it is. This is my first meme. And to be honest with you, I feel like I'm in the hot seat right now!


What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
When I started this blog, I didn't have any idea or inclination that it would be what it is today. I have realized so many firsts with my blog, achievements, awards, and milestones that I didn't plan and or even dreamed of achieving when i started participating in this art. As I have said before, I have been very fortunate to have made new acquaintances, fellow bloggers, most of whom have become my friends in real life. Such defines the very core of what blogging is all about, i.e., communicating ideas and developing friendship.


What are your feelings on the "blog popularity" issue? Honestly, blog popularity is a big thing in the blogosphere. A positive thing. To be popular means bloggers are reading your posts, listening to you, which ultimately will lead to something good in the end. And who knows? A blog's popularity may lead to financial rewards in the long run. Not a bad thought, right?


What's your favorite childhood memory?
I miss my Nanay (grandma). Everything about her and being with her is a good memory. Just being with her is life fulfilled! If she could only see my kids now! I love you, Nanay. So much love, 'Nay ko.


If you were stranded on a deserted island what three things would you want to have with you? All the things that I had when I was growing up in Bataan with my Nanay. Love. Care. Attention.


Are you a spiritual person?
I believe in God. I am no saint but I am no sinner, either.


Do your moral values affect the way that you blog, and if yes, how?
There are two levers to set a man in motion - fear and self-interest. Everything that I write, how i write, and why I write mirrors my values and who I really am. I exert effort to become a successful blogger, but I exert more to become a man with value.


What is the weirdest thing that ever happened to you?
Answering this meme. :)


What is your best quality?
My love and respect for my beautiful children. I would sell my soul for my kids. No second thoughts.


What is your worst quality?
My failure to find more time to spend with my children. It's as if 24 hours is not enough - THIS LIFETIME IS NOT ENOUGH - to show my kids how much I love them.

I now tag:

My friends, you're in the spotlight now! And I kid you not!


Pinoy-Blogs.com

Ranking.PinoyBlogosphere.Com

Pinoy Topsites

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful answers, bro! They truly define who you are - a good father, a good apo, a good man.

I can't believe you were just a month ahead of me in regular blogging. You're already so far ahead that it's mind boggling! But always ready to help fellow bloggers, too - I can attest to that. :D

More power!

exskindiver said...

ooooooooooh. the spotlight.
i will work on this.
these things are interesting about you.
i like that you are a dedicated father.
btw, when we go to manila at the end of this year, we intend to meet you!

Anonymous said...

ey, ok, will do it as an assignment :)Rest assured will do it.

tina said...

na tag na rin ako nito.. pero di ko pa nagagawa.. heheq

Anonymous said...

reading your answers, my feeling is that you will go far in blogging. right now, you have the FIRE! GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by ny site.
Anyway, care for a link exchange? Hehee!
Congrats too on being an A-List Blogger!

Beejing!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Much much thanks for the kind words ManilaMom. I, too, am a lover of words, but right now I honestly do not know what to say. Your comments touch my soul. Maraming maraming salamat Mom!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@exskindiver: Really? WOW! What a surprise! Am looking forward to it, my friend! Will clear my sched! And I kid you not!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Vince: Thank you, My Brother. Loved the "assignment" thing :)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@SexyMom: Much thanks for the kind words, SexyMom! Much thanks talaga. I just came from your site, and WOOOOOOO! LOVED YOUR BLOGROLL! (with nicknames pa!)

SexyMom, I bumped into a friend of mine this morning. She said things similar to what you just said. And I kid you not! She even told me the posts and comments she read! Coincidence?

Again, with all my heart, much thanks SexyMom.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Tina: Thanks for the visit kabayan! Visited your site - a popular one!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Hi Beejing! My pleasure. Thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

anitokid, Im yet to add you to my viralink. I will do it, but i dont have the time right now. So please dont unlink to me.

thanks.

Jehzeel Laurente said...

waaaaaaaa di pa ako naka gawa neto ah.. hehehehe... hmmm... cge save as draft ko muna kabayan.. haha ^_^

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Jehzeel: Can't wait to see your post, kabayan! May bumati dun sa DOST-SEI icon! Take care, my friend!

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!