Friday, March 6, 2009

Francis Magalona: Rest In Peace Brother

Francis Magalona RIP GraphicFriends, today is a sad day in Philippine music. Rapper and TV host Francis Magalona died of leukemia today at the Medical City in Mandaluyong City. According to his co-hosts at the GMA Network’s noontime show “Eat Bulaga,” Magalona succumbed to severe sepsis as a complication of leukemia and passed away at 12 noon. He was 44.

Francis Magalona had been undergoing several chemotherapy sessions since he was diagnosed with the disease in August 2008 but was too weak to fight the infection. He is survived by his wife Pia Arroyo, and children Unna, Nicolo, Francis Jr., Elmo, Arkin, Clara, and actresses Maxene and Saab.

Members of Eat Bulaga gave a moment of silence during the TV show, but later said that the “show must go on.” Francis Magalona has been a co-host on Eat Bulaga. But prior to this, he has established himself as the king of Filipino rap. Recently, the Man from Manila has been collaborating with former Eraserheads lead man Ely Buendia on a project.

While the King of Rap Magalona has kept his condition private, he was very candid in his Multiply blog, as he posted photos of himself, showing the effects of his chemotherapy.

Francis Magalona writes:

Good evening people. I am getting prepared for my 4th Chemotherapy cycle, and I will be admitted tonight at The Medical City. I will be doing some tests tomorrow, wish me luck. Friday I begin my 4th cycle which is a Hi-Dose kind, as will be taking 6 grams of Cytarabin a day every other day for 3 days.

I will be at the 14th floor of the TMC, as usual. I brought alot reading materials (bible included!) and dvds to keep me company while I do my treatment. I will be doing my radiation treatment by February and my PBSCT (Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Transplant) will be done by March.

I look forward to the pain as I know my journey is on full speed ahead. I will not be bold to say that without asking a favor from you all. PLEASE PRAY for me as I undergo treatment. Your prayers, as always, have sustained me. And am sure the Lord will listen to all our prayers. To His will I submit myself.

God bless you, my friend.

PS: I will be needing blood donors for blood and platelets. Please go to the lower ground floor of The Medical City and donate blood in my name. For platelets Apheresis you may go have yourself screened at the Phil. Nat’l Red Cross at the Pier in Manila. I am type O positive. Thank you again.

R.I.P. Francis M.
You will be missed bro Kiko. And I kid you not!






0 comments:

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!