Sunday, January 6, 2008

The OB-1 Cue Shaft from Owen-Bunnell Inc. Has Landed!

OB-1 Cue Shaft ImageGot the OB-1 cue shaft from Royce Bunnell of Owen-Bunnell, Inc. three days ago! The item was shipped direct from Owen-Bunnell Inc., Plano, Texas, on December 19, 2007, and arrived in the Philippines on December 26, 2007. I personally picked up the OB-1 pool cue shaft at the Philippine Bureau of Customs' EMS Unit, CMEC in Pasay City. A personal thank you goes to the officers and staff of the EMS Unit who assisted The AnitoKid that day! Much thanks, kabayans!


Philippine Customs ImageAs usual, a massive influx of packages arrived at the EMS Unit of the Philippine Bureau of Customs during the holiday season! People waiting in line for their packages had excited faces eager to see the gifts sent by their families and friends abroad.

Philippine Customs GraphicMuch thanks to Mr. Arturo Gamboa of the EMS Unit of the Philippine Bureau of Customs for his help in expediting the release of the OB-1 cue shaft package sent by Owen-Bunnell Inc. Mr. Arturo Gamboa's personal assistance helped speed up the tracking and release of the said package! Maraming salamat, kabayan!

United States Postal Service GraphicA copy of the Customs Declaration Dispatch Note from the United States Parcel Service. Owen-Bunnell, Inc. used USPS' Express Mail International service, which offers true online tracking of packages sent from the United States to anywhere in the world.


OB-1 Cue Shaft ImageHere's a close-up image of the OB-1 pool cue shaft from Owen-Bunnell, Inc., which is creating quite a buzz in the world of billiards today. The pool cue shaft sent by Owen-Bunnell, Inc. is a UniLoc with Black Collar, which I have paired with my Predator 2 butt. I am currently testing the OB-1 cue shaft and will post the results once I am finished. Watch out for it, friends!


OB-1 Cue Shaft GraphicTouted as the most technologically advanced shaft on the market today, the OB-1 cue shaft features a one-of-kind ferrule made from 45 degree-clocked flat laminated hard rock maple! I've never seen anything quite like it! And I kid you not!

*Much thanks to Owen-Bunnell, Inc.'s Jon Allen for the trust and confidence. Thanks for believing, my friend!



"The AnitoKid Reviews. The Best Reviews. Bar none."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

...
you forgot to end it with....

"and I kid you not?"


0106, 5:44 PM-pfc

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Much thanks for the heads up, my friend!

All the best!

.

Anonymous said...

wah really amazed with the shaft construction!! it is really unique!

0106-pfc

Anonymous said...

.. do you pronounce the name of the shaft as.. "Obi Wann"?

.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the review

Anonymous said...

hmm. can u post a review on it? im considering between an OB-1 and a predator Z 2nd gen. can anyone give reviews on Z too?


0106-pfc

Anonymous said...

@dragg:

did u add in McDermott and Meucci Bullseye shaft into consideration too?? Heard both that not bad too

.

Anonymous said...

@Dennerle:

will read up on it. thanks for the info

.

Anonymous said...

i believe u mean the Meucci Black Dot shaft lol. dnt think they came up with a new shaft yet

0106-pfc

Anonymous said...

Bullseye shaft... lol... nice name eh

0106-9:56 PM-pfc



.

Anonymous said...

Meucci Black Dot Bullseye Shaft . this is the exact name. he isnt wrong. google it.


.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Darren-85:

Yes, my friend. You got it right.

.

Anonymous said...

I have a 5/16-18 jointed OB-1 that I don't use anymore. Can offload it if the price is right.

010708-pfc

Anonymous said...

dood!!! my joint is 5/16-18 . what are ur reviews on the shaft? and how much are u sellin for?

Anonymous said...

I'm using a OB-1 myself (although not very good a player). But I must say I like the shaft. Feels like a good middle ground between the 314-2 and the Z-2, in terms of stiffness, amount of spin generated and stuff. I suggest trying it out though. Some people have issues with the sound on hit, although I personally think it's alright.

Hope this helps. =)
__________________

0108-pfc
.

Anonymous said...

I'm using a OB-1 myself (although not very good a player). But I must say I like the shaft. Feels like a good middle ground between the 314-2 and the Z-2, in terms of stiffness, amount of spin generated and stuff. I suggest trying it out though. Some people have issues with the sound on hit, although I personally think it's alright.

Hope this helps. =)
__________________

0108-pfc
.

Anonymous said...

does it sound hollow or? qshop doesnt deal with ob1 =(

0108-pfc

Anonymous said...

I didn't play very much with it but it did play similar to my 314. I am thinking of selling it for S$200 - that's about 2/3 of what I paid for it.

0108-pfc

Anonymous said...

i played with my fren's Z 2nd gen just now and i really liked it. issit anywhere near it?

0108-pfc

.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't know. I've never played with a Z 2nd gen.

0108-pfc

.

Anonymous said...

@A.Tan:

rawr.

0109-pfc

Anonymous said...

Never tried a Z-2 before personally, but from what I gather it's even stiffer then the OB-1. In terms of stiffness, it should be Z-2 > OB-1 > 314-2. As for the sound, now that it's mentioned, I hardly ever notice. Probably as long as I sink the ball I'm alright with the sound I guess.

Hope this helps. =)

0109-pfc

.

Anonymous said...

thanks! i think i might just end up getting a Z-2 or meucci. but meucci black dot is only good when the dot points in a certain direction, issit? but predator shafts being 10 pieced are consistent throughout?


0109-pfc

.

Anonymous said...

I just checked. Actually, that's about 1/2 of what I paid for it. No wonder a certain PF snapped it up yesterday.

0111-pfc

Anonymous said...

That's slightly below market price for a 2nd hand OB-1 shaft. He/She saved lots on shipping and tax.

I got mine at US$150 (Used 5/16x14 joint). This is my very first Hi-Tech shaft and I like it so far. Just need to make adjustments as I was overhitting my position at first.

011108-pfc

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Blowfish:

Yeah, that he did, but since I had already agreed on S$200 ...

It is certainly quite powerful and generates alot of spin too. On the day that I sold it, I took it to a nearby pool hall just to have a last go. Same set up as my wood-to-wood jointed QP. I liked the solid 'toink' sound it made when playing a power shot and the soft but firm feedback. Gauging the amount of strength to use was easy, although I recall overunning my position a couple of times. It felt lighter in my hands compared to my QP, but I think that relates to the centre of gravity.

0113-pfc
.

Anonymous said...

what cue tip r u using?

0113-pfc

.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

The OB-1 cue shaft came with a Talisman tip, my friend. It's my first time to use such a tip - and i have to say that I am impressed.

I use Sniper on my other cues, my friend.

.

Anonymous said...

I actually ordered an OB-1 shaft for my Dale Perry custom cue last week after reading this blog. I have to admit that this shaft is the most amazing thing I have shot with yet.

It's going to take a little while to really get used to because the shaft coupled with a Sniper tip puts so much action on the cue ball that it makes things nearly effortless.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

That was a very nice compliment
to my site!

Much thanks, buddy!

Happy shooting!


:)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!