Friday, July 6, 2007

WWE Wrestler JYD - The Junkyard Dog

Remember Junkyard Dog (JYD) of the World Wrestling Federation (now World Wrestling Entertainment - WWE)?

Sylvester Ritter played football at Fayetteville State University, making honorable mention for the All American team twice. He graduated with a political science degree and was selected by the Green Bay Packers organization, but knee and back surgery ended his football career.

  • In his own way, JYD was a pioneer in the world of the 1980's "power wrestler", and his technique was mimicked by many that followed him. As a role model and celebrity, JYD was about as good as they got. And as a committed, reliable, and top-drawing performer, Ritter was a promoter's dream -- a true class act.

    Finishing and signature moves
JYD's stardom and antics came rushing into my mind when i saw this picture on the Internet - a nice little pup.



Could it be JYD's? Is it yours? Is it mine? Well, one thing is for sure. You wouldn't want to meet this dog alone in an alley. And I kid you not!





8 comments:

Em said...

Hi AnitoKid!


I remember JYD durng his WWF days. I don't watch WWE anymore because I feel that WWE somehow is not as entertaining as the old WWF days.

Thanks for bringing back the memories!

One Wacky Mom said...

Talk about scary. That'll do it!

One Wacky Mom said...

Oh, I almost forgot I tagged you in this Face Behind the Blog meme...if you don't want to do it, no biggy.

Would you mind leaving a comment in the post. Besides, its a honor when you visit me! Because I adore you my good friend!

It's the brain that I like...

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hey Anito Kid! This dog is on roids :-)

Speedcat Hollydale

PS Thanks again for the Viralinks, they really work.

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That is one freaky dog!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Wacky Mom: No worries, Wacky Mom! I'll do it. Much thanks!

@Speedcat & Brown Baron: I believe IT IS on steroids! Freakin' scary!

Lestat said...

The dog looks like a puncher than a biter.. :) -- his muscles/body looks like a product of regular workout..duh. weird dog it is..

thanks for this nice post..

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@OFW Life: Glad you liked it, my friend! :)

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!