Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Kazumi Izaki is Japan's Oldest Professional Boxer!

Kazumi Izaki, a 44-year-old mother of two, won approval on February 29, 2008, as Japan's oldest professional boxer of either gender, among 20 women who were awarded licenses from the Japan Boxing Commission. Kazumi Izaki, a fitness club instructor, has daughters aged 21 and 14. Kazumi herself is 45 years old!. She laced up her first pair of boxing gloves in 2001.

Kazumi Izaki Image

Under the Japan Boxing Commission rules, applicants for a license must be under 32 but Izaki was allowed permission to fight because she previously won a Japanese title, albeit one not recognized by the country’s governing body. Hiroaki Yokota had held the distinction of being Japan’s oldest professional boxer but the 46-year-old declined to renew his license.

Sharing her thoughts to reporters, “I try not to think about my age. I’m a mum but I’m going to give it everything I’ve got. I wanted to show my children that if you give up, then you’re washed up!”

Wow! And I kid you not!



"For the love of The Anitokid!"

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email addres


0 comments:

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!