Monday, February 25, 2008

Leonardo Dodong Andam and The Deano Cue!

Dodong Andam GraphicI let Leonardo Dodong Andam, aka The Rattlesnake and one of the Philippines' billiards greats, play with the Deano Cue. The Filipino pool player played with the Deano cue at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl, Makati Cinema Square, Makati City. Dodong Andam was pocketing balls 1 to 5 in a 9-ball rack when he suddenly stopped. He looked at the Sneaky Pete and looked at me. "Where is this cue made, Champ?", Dodong Andam asked in Filipino. Then he started pocketing balls again. After pocketing all the nine balls on the table, Dodong remarked, "America, Champ?"


Dodong Andam Image I was so surprised about his guess and all! However, I just smiled when he remarked, "America." You see, when I initially asked him to play with the Deano cue, i did not tell him anything about the cue - not its history, its maker, no nothing. I also gave him the pool cue screwed on before playing - thus he didn't see the wood pin and all. After playing with the Deano cue for four straight sets of 9-ball, Dodong Andam gave the cue back to me and said in Filipino, "That is one great cue you have there, Champ!" "I like the way it delivers - the hit is perfect! The balance is great! Where did you get it?"

Deano Cue GraphicI told my good friend that the pool cue came direct from the United States. After putting the Deano cue back in my cue case, I politely excused myself from Dodong and the group and sat in the smoking area of the AMF-Puyat Superbowl. After about 30 minutes, Dodong Andam entered the smoking area and highlighted to me the great feel and hit of the cue. The Filipino pro pool player liked the way the cue felt in his hands. And he was also very impressed with the balance of this Sneaky Pete.


Deano Cue ImageI asked my good friend to play with the cue for about a week and let me know his views about it. I got my Deano cue back. And Leonardo Dodong Andam's thoughts about it haven't changed, not one bit. He is very much impressed with the Deano pool cue! And I kid you not!




"The AnitoKid loves Sneaky Petes!"

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do...:)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Get news and updates!
It's fast! It's free!
And I kid you not!

Enter your email address

4 comments:

Javi said...

I used to watch Dodong play at Coronado lanes before it got demolished. It's amazing what he can do to a billiard ball.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Dodong is one of the game's best players in rotation.

I have an upcoming post on the matches between Dodong and Boy Luat! Watch out for it, friends!

.

Anonymous said...

Dodong is the best player! I agree!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

And he's practicing more and more each day! He is aiming for a comeback this year! And I kid you not!

.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!