Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Will To Win: Manny Pacquiao Vs. Marco Antonio Barrera

After a short bout with the flu, Manny Pacquiao, aka Pacman, was back in the gym again Monday, September 3, 2007. Manny Pacquiao started the day with a 30-minute run before sparring six good rounds at the RWS Gym in Cebu.


The 28-year-old Pacquiao was down over the weekend but after a brief rest and some medication, Manny was up and played basketball with local journalists Sunday morning. Trainer Freddie Roach wouldn't have any of it amidst concerns of possible injuries, e.g., sprained ankle or a pulled muscle, which could mean a huge difference in his upcoming fight with Marco Antonio Barrera, who he stopped in the 11th round in November 2003 in San Antonio, Texas. After a serious talk with Freddie Roach about it, the Pacman agreed that last Sunday’s basketball stint would be the last. At least for now. :)


Freddie Roach, the two-time Trainer of the Year, assured boxing fans that Manny Pacquiao’s brief bout with the flu would not in any way set back their timetable. Roach even added that the forced break could prove helpful because The Pacman is already ahead of schedule. With only 32 days left before the big fight, Roach plans to shift their training to Los Angeles on Sept. 22, 2007. The 12-round pay-per-view fight is billed "The Will to Win". The match will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is being promoted by Top Rank's Bob Arum and Golden Boy Promotions' Oscar De La Hoya.


Although Marco Antonio Barrera is turning 34 in January 2008, he has a reputation of giving an unbelievable and spectacular performance when everybody counts him out. He is very determined and very focused on winning. And it goes without saying that Manny Pacquiao and Freddie Roach know about these. Yes, Pacquiao's decision to cut short his training at the Wild Card in favor of Cebu wasn't a very good idea. However, I feel that Freddie Roach 's decision to follow Manny to Cebu was a good thing and made up for it. And I think that Roach's plans to shift the Pacman's training in Los Angeles come September 22 would do the Filipino pugilist more good than harm in his upcoming bout. And I kid you not!


Good luck Manny!


"Box It Out With The AnitoKid."

*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)





14 comments:

The Penniless Fat Guy said...

This is one of the times when I start to miss you Les. Our never ending debate on Manny Pacquiao is classic. I predict that Pacman will win by TKO in the 9th round. But I really want Barrera to come out victorious. Barrera is not called the Baby-Faced Assassin for nothing. I also want Pacman to be reintroduced to his former pal. Indeed, Pacman has to be brought down to earth.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I will miss you more, my friend. Honestly, I feel so much hurt with what they did. We actually didn't care anymore if cecile made very poor decisions with regards to the team. Everyone knew she was a bad choice to go to with regards to issues and concerns related to the project. What was important to us was M110's promises. The promises they made since the start of the project and and every time they came here to Manila. We all believed them. I believed them!

Jeff's promises of being part of M110 Philippines - soon.

"We'll take care of your education. We will provide educational opportunities for everyone. Let us handle your career."

And in his last visit, he was asked if we can call ourselves employees of M110 Philippines, he said, "No! Not M110 Philippines. Tell them you're employees, family, of M110 PERIOD."

So what happened, Jeff? What gives?


Rick's promises of "Just hang in there. Stick with us. We'll take care of you. You are a big factor in the project's success. I promise you a very good career with M110. We're in this together!"

Yeah, right? Should have trusted my instincts, "my friend".


John's remarks: "I've got your back. All of you. Don't you worry a thing. The minute I get back to NY, I'll let the rest team know how good our Filipino counterparts are!"

I've always had a funny feeling with you. Something was not right. I sensed it. Yet, I, also gave you the chance to prove yourself.


And an interesting fact: $400/month/employee wouldn't even make a dent to a company such as theirs - M110. Could it be office politics? At this point in time, what I do know is this: It was a very bad call. The way they handled everything. No balls whatsoever. We treated them as friends. As family. They treated us like dirt. And I kid you not!
.

SexyMom said...

another much awaited fight. my guess is -- manny pacquiao will win.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

Here's hoping for the best, Dine! :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone is afraid to voice their opinion on it. The atmosphere here right now is unnatural. I know that each person wants to say something about what happened but they are afraid to do so. Plastikan na lang talaga. Halatang-halata ko. Kahit si salmon, e obvious na obvious na plastik. Alam niyang mali yung ginawa nila.

Tama ka dun, we treated them as friends and as members of our very own family. Pero ganun yung ginawa nila. Hindi tama yung nangyari. Hindi makatarungan yon.

We know we our computers are being tracked right now. Ganun sila walang katiwala sa amin.

Kim said...

LES.. miss ka na namin.. miss our yosi breaks together and kwentuhang walang humpay (kahit na minsan d ako makarelate, only girl eh=Dhehe).. miss you les.. take care always..

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Anonymous:

I don't know what to say, except that you took the words right out of my mouth. Work is work. Give it your best - everytime. And a few years down the road, everything will fall into place, my friend. And I kid you not!
.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I miss you too, Kim. Ibang klase yung samahan ng group. Nandun yung magic natin, eh. ha ha ha We will all cross paths again, dear. Lam mo naman ako, jack of all trades. Cough cough cough

And Richard passed the exam! Never had a doubt with that kid.

And it goes without saying, Kim, I didn't see all of you as friends. I saw in you my brothers and sisters...my kids. Love you Kim. You the group. Love everbody! Except for you know who! And I kid you not!
.

The Penniless Fat Guy said...

Pare I am rooting for Barrera, but I know Pacman will mean. Wanna bet? Hehe.... Miss you pare... See you soon.

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Penniless Fat Guy:
I know bro, ha ha ha. We are always on the opposite ends whenever it comes to the Pacman. I respect your views, my brother. :)

And yeah, we'll be seeing each other soon! Very soon! And I kid you not!
.

Ary said...

Musta na brother? At dahil jan...hehehehe...pero seriously, mejo tahimik ang office ngayon kasi wala yung mga hirit mong " and i kid you not!" ...

ted_lee_14 said...

Here's the new Pacman video! Check it out on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9y1Z6cO9q4 or visit http://nike.com.ph and http://pacmania.multiply.com!

ted_lee_14 said...

Here's the new Pacman video! Check it out on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9y1Z6cO9q4 or visit http://nike.com.ph and http://pacmania.multiply.com!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Ary:

I'm doing well, my friend. Have been quite busy with a number of projects, tsk tsk tsk.

Hope everything is well on your end, my brother.
.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!