Thursday, August 2, 2007

The AnitoKid at the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2007 Eyeball!


Congratulations to all the winners of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2007! They are:
  1. An Apple a Day
    The Philosophical Bastard

  2. The D Spot
  3. CokskiBlue
  4. Make Money Online with a 13-Year Old
  5. Culture Shiok!
    Utakgago
  6. Kubiertos
  7. FruityOaty
    PinoyBlogero
  8. The Anitokid Chronikos
    The Dork Factor

  9. Gibbs Cadiz
  10. Confessions of a Hopeless Romantic

I attended the eyeball with three of my colleagues, fresh from finishing one of the higher education courses at the Ateneo
Graduate School of Business. To be honest with you, I didn't know what to expect when we arrived at Max's. I mean, it was our first time to attend such an event! I felt jittery...had butterflies in my stomach! Tsk! Held at the second floor of The House That Fried Chicken Built, I was hesitant to enter the room reserved by Digital Filipino. It got me thinking that there would be no familiar faces to see - that all will be strangers. That it would be uncomfortable. That we would just be sitting there like ducks and twindling our fingers till the final minutes of the show. That to even think that the event would be fun was a nonsensical idea.

Boy! I was so wrong! As I tiptoed into the room, (i did try to tiptoe! But I guess my frame was a dead give-away!), a lady wearing a white shirt approached me and said,
  • "AnitoKid?"
  • "Yes, ma'am. Good evening!", I softly replied.
  • "Hi! I'm Janette! I'm glad you made it."
Ms. Janette Toral's smile and great sense of hospitality made me feel right at home. After introducing my friends, i.e., The Broken Bow, Force Analytics, and The Penniless Fat Guy, Ms. Janet seated us and chatted for a moment. She had to excuse herself to attend to the steady number of guests coming in. And there were many, mind you!

The room at Max's Restaurant was filled to the max! All seats were taken! Twas like the room suddenly came alive with the buzz and chatter of friends - new ones and old acquaintances. I saw familiar faces - Angelic Mom and Sexy Mom. Familiar huh! Para bang kilalang-kilala ko na sila! Well, sa kakapunta ko sa mga respective sites nila, oo! I'm one of their biggest fans kasi! I was about to wave to them with a boyish grin (cough cough) but I held back. Nahiya ako! :)

And without further ado, here are some pics (first of many) of last night's event. Indeed, it was ONE MEMORABLE EVENT! And I kid you not!


Angelic Mom with friends at table #1



Ya, nandito na ako!









Juned of Baratillo@Cubao
and
Juan Karlo of Pinoyblogero



The Penniless Fat Guy
with
Force Analytics



Angelic Mom
with
SexyMom



Pinoyblogero
with friends



more blogging kababayans



The famous Carl of Make Money Online with a 13-Year Old



Getting ready for the opening act



more blogfriends



And in a wink of an eye!
The force is strong with this blogger!



Busy, busy, busy!



Much thanks to one of the event's sponsors
Yes Payments!



Ms. Janette Toral preparing to introduce
everyone to everybody



explaining the mechanics of the raffle



Medieval-themed blog event
(The roof, that is!)



Ms. Aileen Apolo of An Apple A Day


Some of the event's sponsors,
i.e., Yes Payments and Yehey.com



To Ms. Janette and the sponsors,

Congratulations on the successful event!
Maraming, maraming, maraming, maraming salamat po!

*other interesting reads on the event


*Did you enjoy the post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)




11 comments:

Jaypee said...

Congratulations!

It's nice to see the faces behind the blogs. :)

lateralus said...

Congratulations, Anitokid. Nice meeting you.

Panakaw ng pics. hehe

THE ANiTOKiD said...

The pleasure is all mine, Jaypee and Lateralus! Please, feel free to use the pics, any or all! And I kid you not!

Kidblogger :: Carl Ocab said...

Ui, thanks for the special mention and congrats po for being one of the top 10 emerging influential blogs.

Can you send me some pics so I can post on my blog too? Tska ung pic mo nating dalawa ;)

Batang Yagit said...

congratulations kabayan! I'm glad you made it.

I envied Jehzlau. Buti pa siya he was able to attend the event. Too bad my flight back to davao was on the 31st. I had an exam last august 1 so i had to fly back to davao. I'm still hoping too meet you kabayan.

Jehzeel Laurente said...

hehehe weeeeeee! nice meeting u anitokid! hehehehe.. ang saya!!! san na yung pic natIN? bat wala dyan? wahehehe :P

Karlo.PinoyBlogero said...

Hahaha. It was nice meeting you Anitokid. Look! There I am! Lol.

Hoping to see you again next time. Congratulations and Happy Blogging!

Bill Bilig said...

Wow. Congratulations for making it to the top ten. It looks like you had a great party too :-)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Carl: Feel free to take any pic/s you want, idol! i still have a ton to upload - but first work work work :)

@BatangYagit: I asked about you, kabayan! Maybe next time, di ba?

@Jehzeel: The pleasure is all mine, my friend. You will go places, kabayan. I felt it! The Broken Bow did too!

@Karlo: One of those who stood out in the crowd! You're one friendly dude! And cool too, if i may add.

samahang cutie pies said...

Gwapo talaga ni Dundee. Nakakakilig!

janettetoral.com said...

Hello Anitokid. Congratulations again for being one of the 10 and to support you've given this writing project.

On another note, we just started the Filipina Writing Project and I hope you can join.

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!