Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The AnitoKid Receives The Power of Schmooze Award!


The schmooz award

My friend, Ev aka Wacky Mom, is a devoted mother. An amazing woman. She is ONE TOUGH COOKIE with a loving heart. And I kid you not when I say that her blogposts move me in a way that cannot really be described with words. Her views and take on life are beautiful.

The following note is an unedited version of her thoughts on my Closeness' 12th Birthday.
  • Oh, happpppppyyy birthday to your daughter AnitoKid...hang on tight to her..hang on soooooooooo tight especially now.

    They grow up so freaking fast. They really do. Honest to God. Yesterday my middle son got a call from the Coach at Dartmouth, the week before from the Coach at Cornell and from Columbia. Yesterday I broke down in tears.

    AnitoKid...it is HEARTBREAKING...I NEVER EVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THIS HARD....IT REALLY IS.

    I'M CRYING AS I' WRITING THIS BECAUSE MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD TO BE WITH ARE MY SONS...AND IT BREAKS MY HEART...

    I had a different relationship with them than most mothers, and I think you have that same relationship with your daughter. I respected them as people from the day they were born. Yet I also expected alot out of them. I set the bar high. And validated their feeling.

    And I love them so freaking much.

    HOld her soooooo tight now...you are still her universe. Some day you won't be.

    There isn't anything I wouldn't do to have that door open all the time again...and have my fridge raided.

    I had 2 policies...no one was ever allowed to knock at the door, nor was anyone ever allowed to ask for food. What I created for all of my son's friends was "the hang out house". And why? Because I wanted to know who was influencing my sons. And you know what I got on Mother's Day? Gifts from their friends. They gave me the greatest gift in the world. One said to me,

    "Mrs. Nucci you taught me the one rule I will institute in my home when I am a father, because I never ever had one day of unwelcome in your home in my life...I felt at home here and could walk in...open the fridge and eat anything at anytime I ever wanted."

    Cherish every moment you have. I see pure and complete joy in her eyes. Her eyes say it all. You have a pot of gold AnitoKid. You are wealthy beyond measure in your child!"

And it is with great honor and deep sense of humility that I, The AnitoKid, accept "The Power of Schmooze" award. Thank you for this award, my friend. It has been six days since you bestowed it upon me. I didn't announce it sooner and now I know why - the award goes hand-in-hand with the beautiful thoughts you left on my daughter's birthday.

Ev, you are beautiful! You're sons are beautiful! Your family is beautiful! Everything about and around you is beautiful! Your thoughts consistently touch my soul. All my love to you, your sons, and your family...

Maraming, maraming, maraming, maraming, salamat po!
Mabuhay!


And to the following friends, Congratulations!
You are today's recipients of
The Power of Schmooze Award!
And I kid you not!


Ar-Wee-Der-Yet
Batang Yagit
Itanong Mo Ke Jemme
ManilaMom
The Blogmeister
The Broken Bow
The Penniless Fat Guy


*Did you enjoy this post? Did you find it interesting?
You know what to do :)


9 comments:

kegler747 said...

Thanks so much anitokid for the first award given to my blog. As my blogging mentor, you serve an inspiration for other bloggers. Keep up the good work. Happy blogging!!!

THE ANiTOKiD said...

I don't know what to say, my friend. I've been called so many names, but this! Blogging mentor! Wow! My hat's off to you, 747! I see in you my passion for this blogging art when I was initially starting out. I know you will go far, my friend. And may I just say that is has been my pleasure and my honor to know you! Mabuhay!

I AM SAM said...

The pride and prestige..... Thanks for this award..... Let's blog the house down....

THE ANiTOKiD said...

You're welcome, Sam! It's always nice having you around!

Novice Blogger said...

I second Sam's motion. Let's blog the house down! We are the Band of Bloggers!

Thanks again Anitokid for the award. :)

THE ANiTOKiD said...

We are the "Band of Bloggers" - that's a nice one! Very nice indeed!
You're welcome, bro!

One Wacky Mom said...

You honor me Anitokid. Thank you.

jemme said...

wow kabayan! maraming salamat po sa award!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Power of Schmooze!! yeahHH! hehehe

THE ANiTOKiD said...

@Wacky Mom: Each post you do is a learning experience for everyone, Ev. Life is indeed beautiful!

@Jemme: You deserve it, Jemme!

It's always a runout at The Runout TV!